Our Customer Service Team is there for you 24/7, however, taking a few minutes to run through this pre-service call checklist will help expedite your service request, and it may even save you $100!
When you place a service call to Easy Ice our focus will be making sure you have the ice you need, collecting the information necessary for effective servicing of the ice making equipment, and reminding you of the steps you can take to ensure safety with and around the equipment.
Before you make that service call, review our pre-service call checklist so that you can help us quickly:
- Confirm the nature of the performance issue.
- Determine if the problem can be solved over the phone.
Performance Issue Verification
Nearly 10% of our incoming service calls are determined not to be true ice machine performance problems. The most common mistake our customers make is assuming that because the ice maker isn’t keeping up with demand, it isn’t working properly. Here are some potential explanations:
- Consumption is up – your customers and staff are using more ice.
- Production is down – ice machines are designed to produce less ice when the incoming water and the surrounding air are warmer. Reducing the temperature of either or both of those conditions may solve the problem.
- Rate of production not keeping up – water takes time to freeze in to ice, so it is important to understand that filling up the storage bin takes time. We’ve had customers empty their ice bin and wonder why it isn’t full in a few hours. We’ve also had customers turn off their ice machine to save energy not realizing that by shutting off their machine for half the day, they have reduced the machine’s ice-making capacity by 50% as well.
It doesn’t happen often, but sometimes we can help you resolve the problem over the phone – especially when we can determine the problem isn’t the ice machine. Here are a few examples:
- Water is building up in the bin – 99% of the time a foreign object, such as a washrag, towel, or bag has clogged the storage bin’s drain.
- Ice machine isn’t producing (enough) ice – the water source may be having problems and supplying warm water to the ice machine.
If we are able to accomplish either of these objectives using the pre-service call checklist, you can avoid the Out Of Program Service Call Charge.
If we don’t achieve either of those two objectives, it is still important to review the pre-service call checklist so that we can understand the type of problem your are having.
- Make sure you can define the problem as accurately as possible (i.e. “ice machine not working” is not enough detail.
- Is the problem a safety hazard?
- Describe the audible error code pattern (series of beeps)
- What steps have been taken to minimize or eliminate the safety hazard?
- When did you first notice the problem? Have you taken any step to resolve the issue?
Here are some questions we’ll ask you depending on what type of problem you are facing:
Ice Production Problem
- Has their been an interruption of water or power to the ice machine?
- Have any modifications been made to ANY part of the water system (i.e. new dishwasher, new coffee maker, etc.)?
- Is there anything stacked on the ice machines or anything to restrict airflow?
- Has the temperature in the room or the flow of air to the room changed recently?
- Identify the source of the water leak: a) Supply line, b) Interior of Machine, c) Storage Bin?
This simple checklist will help us get you back up to speed with the ice you need in no time.
This is just another example of how Easy Ice eliminates the hassle of owning an Ice machine.