The Iceologists are pleased to present our first guest blog by celebrity chef, Emily Ellyn. You may remember Emily as one of the finalists on Next Food Network Star. Her bubbly personality is infectious and her retro-rad POV is unforgettable.
Chef Emily is cool and a true FOEI (friend of Easy Ice). After chatting with marketing Iceologist Heidi, Emily was moved to create Easy Ice-inspired cocktails exclusively for us! Thank you chef Emily!
Today as I was walking through my gardens I could not help but inhale the fragrant roses and think that the smell of roses is so relaxing and a refreshing. Greeted with these heavenly scents as I walked I could not help but think of the old adage about stopping to smell the roses. Really though, whoever came up with that was spot on, right?
But, to completely stop and smell the roses and enjoy this hot summer day I was inspired to shake up an iced up cocktail! My effort to satisfy the need to have a refreshing cocktail and inspired by the roses from my garden I created the following cocktail:
Rose Gimlet Granita (makes two drinks)
4 ounces Hendrick’s gin
3 1/2 ounces Rose’s lime juice
Lime wedge to garnish
- In small sauce pot boil 2 tablespoons of Rose water, ½ teaspoon of sugar, and mix with 2 cups of water for 1 minute.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- When frozen pulse three to four ice cubes at a time in a food processor or blender until the cubes are broken down into shards.
- Store the shaved ice in an airtight container and re-freeze for at least thirty minutes before serving.
- In a shaker packed with ice add gin and lime juice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into two glasses packed with Rose Granita.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
- Inhale while you sip and take time to smell the roses!
Share this Post