Retro-rad Emily is spicing things up with this peppercorn infused martini: Schezuan Peppercorn Lemon-tini
- 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- ½ ounce Schezuan pepper simple syrup (see below recipe)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 4 -5 ice cubes
- Superfine sugar, for the martini glass rim
- Lemon twist
- Chill martini glasses in freezer prior to serving.
- In a shaker packed with ice add vodka, Triple Sec, lemon juice and Schezuan Peppercorn simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Garnish chilled martini glass – run the lemon twist around the edge of the chilled martini glass and dunk in a small amount of sugar for a coated rim.
- Pour the strained martini into the chilled glasses and serve.
Schezuan Peppercorn Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon Schezuan peppercorns, crushed
In small saucepot heat ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar to boil. Add 1 teaspoon of Schezuan peppercorns crushed for 1 minute at full boil then remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain and chill for later use.
Share this Post