Easy Ice continues to grow and seeks an Accounting Clerk (Accounts Payable) in Marquette, Michigan. Easy Ice is expanding rapidly and requires the highest level of professionalism, problem solving and communication skills for this role.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk:
- Receive purchase orders and enter invoices into system
- Gather proper payment authorization from managers
- Maintain all AP files
- Investigate invoice discrepancies/questions with vendors
- Print checks weekly and process correspondence
- Process monthly commissions
- Process credit applications for new vendors
- New vendor setup including W9 and Certificate of Insurance administration
- Assist with 1099 preparation
The successful, skilled Accounting Clerk performs a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks. Ultimately, you will ensure that the company’s daily accounts payable functions run accurately and effectively and will demand the very best from yourself to deliver outstanding results.
What You Need To Be Successful:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, required.
- High school diploma required; college coursework/degree, preferred.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, bookkeeping procedures & accounts payable.
- Proficiency with data entry.
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Understands how to get the job done in the face of challenges and can deal well with uncertainty.
- Good problem-solving skills, are detail oriented, and can follow through to conclusion.
- Ability to learn new technology and concepts.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, required.
WAGE. $12.00 – $15.50 per hour based on your knowledge and experience in addition to ample opportunity for career advancement.
NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE.
Note: Your application is being directed to Stang Decision Systems. All applicants will be initially screened through Stang Decision Systems.