Job Opening: Delivery Truck Driver in Chicago, IL
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER:
- Pack and load ice onto truck according to the company’s specifications.
- Deliver orders to customers in a professional manner while projecting a positive brand image.
- Break up ice, place ice in the bin and discard bags in the trash.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Dispatcher.
- Obtain delivery confirmation from each customer.
- Ensure that all ice in dispensing units is bagged and palletized.
- Maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of the shop.
- Clean and wrap equipment for installs.
- Cross-train with service technicians to assist with quick fixes.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle ensuring all ice/trash are removed at the end of your shift.
- Check vehicle fluids, wipers and tires to help maintain a long service life.
Compensation/Benefits: This position offers a flexible, full-time schedule including rotating afternoons and weekends along with a starting wage of $11.00 – $15.00 per hour, based on knowledge and experience. In addition, Easy Ice offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, life and short-term disability insurance, a flexible spending account and ample opportunity for career advancement.
What you need to be successful as a Delivery Truck Driver:
- Previous delivery truck driving experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a company background check and drug test.
- Possess a physical ability to push, pull, lift and/or move heavy objects (up to 75 lbs.) with assistance.
- Possess a positive “can-do” attitude with exceptional verbal and written communication skills that positively impact our customer’s experience.
- You can prioritize, are organized, energetic and reliable.
- You possess a desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Chicago area (up to 60%).
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day) while driving day trips in the delivery of our product.