Job Opening: Preventive Maintenance (PM) Technician Shawnee, Kansas
Ice-Master’s, an Easy Ice company, continues to grow and seeks an Ice Machine Preventive Maintenance (PM) Technician to join our team in Shawnee, KS. The PM Technician position requires the highest level of professionalism, problem solving and communication skills for this critical, customer-facing role. The technician works independently, providing technical service to clean ice machines at various locations, while delivering an exceptional customer service experience. The PM Technician aspires to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction and maximizes customer retention.
The successful, results-oriented technician will be able to clean ice machines aiming to increase equipment life and reliability, reduce service calls and emergency ice purchases, all while increasing customer happiness and loyalty. The PM Technician will demand the best of themselves and their colleagues to deliver outstanding results.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ICE MACHINE PM TECHNICIAN.
- Service and clean ice machines, as required.
- Check in and out with on-duty manager being courteous at all times.
- Pick up and deliver ice, as needed, for service calls.
- Report any additional actions required to keep customers happy (parts/clean/replace).
- Pick up payments, shut off and/or pull equipment, as required.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Help to maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of the shop.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle ensuring all ice and trash are removed at end of your shift.
- Check vehicle fluids, wipers and tires to help maintain a long service-life.
Contribute to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS A PM TECHNICIAN.
- Previous experience with refrigeration, electrical or HVAC providing exceptional results desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Are able to communicate clearly and professionally in-person, by phone, and in writing.
- You can prioritize, are organized, energetic and reliable.
- Possess good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- You work well individually with little supervision and as a team member.
- You possess a desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires standing for extended periods of time and are able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday (On Call)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
License: Valid driver’s license (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Company’s website: https://www.ice-masters.com/
Company’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/icemastersusa/
Work Remotely: No