Job Openings in Chicago: Delivery Truck Driver
Easy Ice continues to grow and seeks a reliable Delivery Truck Driver to join our team in the Chicago, Illinois region and is based out of Harwood Heights, Illinois.
The Delivery Driver will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of ice to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks, and providing exceptional customer service to our client base.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER.
• Pack and load ice onto truck according to company’s specifications.
• Deliver orders to customers in a professional manner while projecting a positive brand image.
• Break up ice, place ice in the bin and discard bags in trash.
• Maintain ongoing communication with Dispatcher.
• Obtain delivery confirmation from each customer.
• Ensure that all ice in dispensing units is bagged and palletized.
• Maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of the shop.
• Clean and wrap equipment for installs.
• Cross-train with service technicians to assist with quick fixes.
• Maintain cleanliness of vehicle ensuring all ice/trash are removed at end of your shift.
• Check vehicle fluids, wipers and tires to help maintain a long service-life.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. This position offers a flexible, full-time schedule including rotating afternoons and weekends along with a starting wage of $9.00 – $18.00 per hour, based on knowledge and experience. In addition, Easy Ice offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, life and short-term disability insurance, a flexible spending account and ample opportunity for career advancement.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS AN EASY ICE DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER.
• Previous delivery truck driving experience, required.
• High school diploma or equivalent, required.
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Ability to pass a company background check and drug test.
• Possess a physical ability to push, pull, lift and/or move heavy objects (up to 75 lbs.) with assistance.
• Possess a positive “can-do” attitude with exceptional verbal and written communication skills that positively impact our customer’s experience.
• You can prioritize, are organized, energetic and reliable.
• You possess a desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Chicago area (up to 60%).
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day) while driving day trips in the delivery of our product.
NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE.
Note: Your application is being directed to Stang Decision Systems. All applicants will be initially screened through Stang Decision Systems.