Who We Are
John Mahlmeister founded Easy Ice with Mark Hangen in 2009, and has been the sitting Chief Operating Officer ever since. Their vision was to eliminate the hassles of commercial ice machines by moving the customer experience from outright ownership to a subscription model—the only all-inclusive ice machine subscription on the market. Since Easy Ice was founded, it’s grown to managing over 30,000 commercial ice machines across 47 states—and continues to expand rapidly to this day.
John has been working in the commercial ice machine industry for 14 years and has a longstanding history of success in sales and growth marketing in multiple industries. Positions he held prior to the founding of Easy Ice include VP of Business Development at Securify, Inc., VP of Sales at BeVocal, Inc., VP of Marketing at Nuance Communications, and sitting on the Los Altos Educational Foundation’s Board of Directors.
John studied at Kettering University and received his Bachelor of Science in Digital Signal Processing in 1986. A short time later, he pursued postgraduate studies at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania where he completed his MBA in 1990.
Total Food Service:
- Closing for the Winter? How to Winterize Your Ice Machine
- The Pros and Cons of Adding Specialty Ice to Your Bar
- Why Food Service Equipment Dealers should Offer Rental Solutions to Their Customers
- Viral TikTok Exposes Shockingly Common Dirty Ice Machine Dangers
- Are the OpEx Benefits of Business Equipment Subscriptions Right for Your Business?
- Buying a Used Ice Machine: The Dos and Don’ts
- Catering Outdoor Events: How to Maximize Ice Supply
- Six Tips to Maintain Ice Production in Summer Months