Subscription Includes Ice Machine Water Filters
We always want our equipment to perform at 100%, which is why we provide ice machine water filters as a standard feature on all our ice machine subscriptions. We also replace water filter cartridges every six months.
For 98% of our customers, a standard water filtration system will keep machines operating efficiently. For the other 2%, poor water quality in their area requires an Upgraded Water Filter (UWF) or Advanced Water Treatment (AWT). Our technicians perform a water test in every site survey they perform before we install an ice machine. We’ll let you know if the water quality in your area necessitates an upgraded water filter or advanced water treatment.
Conditions That Require an Upgraded Water Filters
or Advanced Water Treatment
There are three main causes for upgraded filters:
- Extremely high mineral content (including well water)
- Facilities and water systems with old pipes (I.e. NYC)
- High yeast or mold producing environments
Most of these situations are identifiable in advance:
- If you serve water to anyone from a well water source, you will likely require advanced water treatment/filtration.
- The same visual and taste issues present themselves with very high mineral content.
- Old cities, like Manhattan, are notorious for having old water systems. These systems often transport a lot of particles through the water that causes issues for many multi-stage filtration systems.
Mold Producing Environments
Mold in ice machines is often a result of air conditions, which makes these environments difficult to identify during a site survey. It normally takes cleaning out the mold in an ice machine once or twice to properly identify if your area is prone to growth. Your technician will work with you to identify the most cost-effective solution.
Easy Ice Guarantees
Ice Maker Performance
We perform a thorough site survey for every machine we install. Choosing the right ice machine water filter is just one way our subscriptions ensure you have hassle-free ice year-round.