Easy Ice offers the only nationwide, hassle-free industrial ice maker service in the country. With proper care and attention, the ice-making equipment provided by Easy Ice will be among the most reliable food service equipment in your facility.
So just what is “proper care and attention?” Think about what Hertz expects of its renters and you’ll have a pretty good idea. Hertz makes sure the vehicle is ready to work under reasonable operating conditions with the driver operating it responsibly. Easy Ice has a similar policy for each industrial ice maker included in our commercial ice machine subscriptions.
Easy Ice works the same way. The only difference is that while most everyone knows how to operate a car, not everyone knows how to operate an ice machine properly. That’s okay – we do! So here it is.
The Operator’s responsibilities for the Easy Ice Guarantee:
- Keep the air temperature between 45 – 95 degrees F.
- Maintain proper ventilation around the equipment.
- Make sure the machine has the proper water and power.
- Clean the air filter.
- Wipe down the surfaces of the machine.
- Let us do the work on the inside of the machine.
The Easy Ice program really is that simple! It’s the perfect solution for equipment that is critical to a business, but requires skills that are not core to the staff.
No Hassle. No Capital. Just Ice.
Service calls that are NOT covered by the Easy Ice Subscription:
A hot environment – the ice machine isn’t producing enough ice.
- Ice machine output is greatly affected by incoming water and ambient air temperatures. The ice machine production table for a KM600MAH shows it produces between 450 and 600 lbs depending on water and air temperature. If air or water temperature is the reason the ice machine isn’t producing “enough ice” – chances are there is nothing wrong with the ice machine.
- Easy Ice covers the industrial ice maker service expense and supplies free Breakdown Ice if the machine isn’t working as it should…but if the machine isn’t producing enough because the kitchen is hot, the Operator is responsible for the servicing costs. If you determine you still need more ice, we can provide our Peak Ice Service in selected markets. Just call us at 1-866-easyice (327-9423) and we’ll take care of the rest.
Ice machine can’t keep up – ice machine not producing ice fast enough.
- 99% of the time when a customer calls to say the machine “can’t keep up, it is one of two things:
- The temperature around the machine is elevated, thus reducing the output of the machine – See Item #1.
- The operator doesn’t understand the ice machine Rate of Production. See below.
- Ice machines are rated based on their 24-hour production capacity. If the ice machine production table says your ice machine should produce 480 lbs/day, that is 20 lbs/hour. As an example, a KM600MAH takes 40 minutes to produce a 14.3 lb batch of ice when the air is 90 degrees and the water is 70. Add a few extra minutes for flushing and filling the machine and that machine should drop ice every 45 minutes. That means in 2 hours, it will drop 2 batches of ice and be part of the way through freezing the next one.
- So the question is: How the heck will I know how long it is taking without standing there for 45 minutes! Thankfully, the machines track the freeze cycle. If the freeze cycle takes too long, it will set off an alarm and shut down the machine. That makes it simple for you to know when to call
- Easy Ice covers the ice machine service expense and supplies free Breakdown Ice if the machine isn’t working as it should…but if the machine is producing on schedule but can’t keep up with your needs, the Operator is responsible for the servicing costs. If you determine it is frequent occurrence, you might need to upgrade your machine. If it only happens once in a while, we can provide our Peak Ice Service in selected markets. Just call us at 1-866-easyice (327-9423) and we’ll take care of the rest.
Not enough water is being supplied to the ice machine.
- The operator is responsible for providing the industrial ice maker with the proper water flow. Easy Ice technicians will test the water line identified by the Operator to ensure it has adequate pressure and flow prior to installation, however the operator is responsible for ensuring the water flow continues uninterrupted.
- Water flow interruptions are usually caused by 1) other equipment drawing water from the line, reducing pressure and flow, 2) someone shutting off the water supply – many times for work or repairs to other equipment, or 3) a shock to the water system that plugs the water filter with debris. If you plan to work on your water system, call our customer service center before you shut off your water supply so we can tell you how to keep the ice machine functioning properly.