If the ice machine isn’t producing, you may need a technician to come on site. But before you call, make sure you check for these common issues as soon as you notice ice production going down:
- Drain: Are there any problems with the drain in your building? Is the drain inside the bin clogged by foreign material?
- Electricity: Is there power to machine or is it unplugged? Any power outages, breaker issues within last 48 hours?
- Water: Is water on or has it been shut off within last 48 hours? Have there been any noticeable water flow issues?
- Temperatures: Has the room where the equipment is installed recently become extremely hot (above 95) or cold (below 40F)?
- Air flow: Is the air flow to vents blocked?
- Demand: Are you using more ice than normal because of higher than usual demand from customers or employees?
In the few minutes it takes to check for these issues, you may have diagnosed your own problem. But if that’s not the case, call our customer service team immediately. Our U.S.-based call center is open 24/7 to serve you, 365 days a year.
Call 866-easyice 24/7!