If the ice machine isn’t producing, you may need a technician to come on site. But before you call, make sure you check for these common issues as soon as you notice ice production going down:
- Drain: Are there any problems with the drain in your building? Is the drain inside the bin clogged by foreign material?
- Electricity: Is there power to machine or is it unplugged? Any power outages, breaker issues within last 48 hours?
- Water: Is water on or has it been shut off within last 48 hours? Have there been any noticeable water flow issues?
- Temperatures: Has the room where the equipment is installed recently become extremely hot (above 95) or cold (below 40F)?
- Air flow: Is the air flow to vents blocked?
- Demand: Are you using more ice than normal because of higher than usual demand from customers or employees?
In the few minutes it takes to check for these issues, you may have diagnosed your own problem. But if that’s not the case, call our customer service team immediately. Our U.S.-based call center is open 24/7 to serve you, 365 days a year.
If you notice ice production hasn’t been up to standard at 3am when you’re closing, call us then. We’re waiting to assist you the moment you detect a problem. One of our friendly customer service reps will help to diagnose the problem and get help to you as soon as possible.
If the machine requires repairs and we can’t fix it within 6 hours, we pick up the tab for bagged ice. That’s Breakdown Ice, and that’s our promise. We work hard maintaining the ice machines to minimize the need for repair service. We’ve partnered with Hoshizaki because they make the most reliable, durable and energy-efficient ice machines.
After checking the list above, if you still have problems call us. We’re waiting to help you!